Elder Law & Long-term Care
Elder Law focuses primarily on the needs of families and individuals as they age. As we grow older and our needs change, there are many questions to be considered and decisions to be made. Where is the best place for me to live? What are my options? What if I need long-term care? How will I pay for it? Who will take care of things if I can’t? What else should I be doing to prepare? At times, dealing with all of the issues and uncertainties related to aging can seem overwhelming.
At Peak Legal Group, we’ll help identify and clarify the issues you are or will likely be facing, and then provide you with the tools you need to plan ahead before potential problems reach the crisis stage. And in cases where things may have already begun spiraling out of control, we can use the tools and resources available to help you sort things back out.
You’ll find that when you have the necessary tools and information to deal with potential problems, the challenges of aging are much less overwhelming. Let us assist you by getting the necessary legal documents in place, providing information regarding care and benefits eligibility, and by connecting you with other professionals who serve the elder community.
Elder Law Questions?
Peak Legal Group Assists Senior Clients and Their Loved Ones With:
- Medicaid/Long Term Care Planning (including how to protect and preserve the maximum amount of family assets if one or more spouse/parent needs nursing home care)
- Estate Planning (creation and updating of wills and trusts for management of your property during life and after death)
- Probate and Trust Administration (handing the estate of a loved one who has passed away)
- Powers of Attorney (to give someone you trust the authority to manage your affairs)
- Advance Directives for Healthcare (to appoint someone your trust to speak on your behalf if you are unable due to illness or incapacity, and to make your wishes regarding end-of-life care and treatment known).
- Guardianship and Conservatorship