What is a Children’s Protection Plan?
A Children’s Protection Plan is a comprehensive, legal plan that parents of minor children can create to make sure their little ones are protected in the event something were to happen to the parents. It ensures that your children will be taken care of by the people you want, in the way that you want.
The reality is life doesn’t always happen according to our plans. We don’t get to decide when this happens or that, and we certainly don’t get to decide how long we will be here on this Earth. It is awful to think about, but it’s the truth. And because of that, we want to make sure your children will be taken care of if the unthinkable were to happen.
Hopefully, your Children’s Protection Plan will never actually be needed. But by planning for the worst, you’ll have the peace of mind of knowing that if something does happen to you, your family will be taken care of with a secure plan.
As a parent, it is your goal to raise your children with plenty of love and security in this world. You want to make sure they are taught the right values that will allow them to succeed in life. Most of all, you want to make sure your children are protected no matter what, even when you are not around.
Contact Peak Legal Group to See if a Children’s Protection Plan is Right for Your Family
At the end of the day, you are the best decision maker for your family’s needs and only you can say if Children’s Protection Planning makes sense for you and your family. But if you need help in deciding, ask yourself:
- What would happen to my children if I and/or my spouse suddenly passed away or became incapacitated? Do we have a clear plan in place?
- Have I named both emergency and long term guardians for my children in a legally valid document that would be honored by the authorities and the courts?
- If I haven’t formally named guardians for my children, who would get custody of my children if something happened to me (or to me and my spouse)? Am I okay leaving that up to a busy judge who has never met me or my children and doesn’t know our family situation?
- If I have chosen guardians, have I informed them of their potential responsibilities, and have they accepted that role?
- Would my guardians know what to do if I and/or my spouse suddenly passed away or became incapacitated?
- Do I know how my values and beliefs will be passed on to my children if something happens to me while they are still young? Have I provided my chosen guardians with any guidance about what’s important to me as a parent or the way I’d want my children raised?
If you answered “No” or “I don’t know” to any of these questions, we can help. Call us today or Email Us to schedule an appointment and find out how Children’s Protection Planning can work for your family.