Control assets for future generations
A trust is a legal arrangement that lets you control how certain assets are managed during your lifetime and also how they are distributed after your death. Trusts can provide many valuable benefits including:
- protecting assets over the long-term from creditors and divorce
- avoiding probate of your estate
- minimizing estate administration costs and maintaining privacy for your estate and heirs
- minimizing gift and estate taxes
- qualifying for Medicaid while preserving your family assets
- protecting your heirs from their own poor money choices after you’re gone
- providing instructions for the handling of your property if you become incapacitated
Any type of asset can be placed into a trust, including cash, investments, personal property, and real property such as a family home or investment property.
There are many different types of trusts that can be used to help you reach virtually any estate planning goal, but creating a trust is not a do-it-yourself project. There are many state, federal and and tax laws to take into account when establishing a trust, so it’s important to work with an experienced trust lawyer who can guide you through the various types of trusts and then create a legally sound trust to meet your needs.
We handle a broad range of trusts, including:
- Revocable Living Trusts
- Irrevocable Trusts
- Medicaid Asset Protection Trusts
- Special Needs Trusts
- Charitable trusts
- Life Insurance trusts
- Spousal Trusts
- Trusts for Business Interests
- Trusts for Beneficiaries under 21
- Trusts for Blended Families
At Peak Legal Group, we represent clients throughout Pennsylvania in all aspects of trust planning and administration. Our trust attorney Jennifer Walker can guide you through the various trust options available and help you determine whether a trust is right for you.
Call us today at 610-580-4689 or Email Us to schedule an appointment with Jennifer to learn more about trusts and how they can help you reach your estate planning goals.