Co-Founder, Attorney (Of Counsel)
John has long concentrated his legal practice in real estate, business and related areas including establishing new businesses, real estate transactions and financing, business transactions, landlord/tenant matters, and contract matters. Before founding Peak Legal Group, John was engaged in private practice with a well-respected Chester County law firm. John is a speaker and presenter for numerous business and real estate groups, has published numerous articles, and has been interviewed by several media outlets. John has also been voted by peers as a “Top Lawyer” featured in Main Line Today Magazine.
John has served as in-house counsel to GMAC Mortgage and GMAC Bank where he provided counsel relating to GMAC’s real estate, commercial lending and contracting groups. Before GMAC, John was a member of Ernst & Young LLP’s Real Estate and Construction Advisory Services practice where he provided advice concerning leasing, construction operations, public/private development and transactional advisory assistance. His work included extensive on-site international due diligence, financial modeling, providing expert reports and forensic policy evaluations. As in-house counsel, John also represented Quest Diagnostics Clinical Laboratories in its real estate matters.
Immediately after graduating cum laude from law school, John was engaged by Widener University School of Law as an adjunct law professor. During law school, he served as a law clerk to the Honorable Richard A. Lewis of the Dauphin County Court of Common Pleas.
John’s clients include numerous small-to-mid-sized businesses (software/e-commerce, technical products, government contractors, retail, real estate leasing, industrial), real estate investors, banks and private lenders/borrowers, health care professionals, and individuals, among others.
Primary Areas of Practice:
- Real Estate Transactions – Commercial/Residential/Investment
- Corporate Finance
- Business Formation, Joint Ventures, Asset Protection
- Purchases & Sales of Businesses
- Strategic Business Counseling
- Contract & Commercial Matters
- Widener University School of Law (Juris Doctor, Cum Laude, 1997)
- West Chester University of Pennsylvania (B.A., 1990)
Admitted to Practice:
- Pennsylvania (1997), New Jersey (1997)
- Association of Corporate Counsel
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Real Property Section Member
- CoreNet Global (Corporate Real Estate), Member
- Chester County Bar Association, Member
- Diversified Investment Group, Member, Speaker & Instructor